Wednesday 25 September 2013

Mental health training in Somaliland - Day 5

Day 5 - Sunday 22nd September


This morning begins with a meeting with the Dean and the head of clinical work at Hargeisa University, to discuss the upcoming medical student teaching. This year we are due to teach a total of 68 5th year medical students, which is a record number. We will have to adapt our plans to facilitate this number and the meeting discusses such plans.  Following this meeting I head back to the THET office where I take part in a filmed interview with Naj, a Somalilander, who currently lives in London, though is undertaking a placement with THET to document the work we are doing. She would like to film my current work as a volunteer and the interview is focused on my current hopes and expectations for my extended trip. 

No comments:

Post a Comment